Particulars of organization, its Functions and Duties
Particulars of organization
- Date of registration : 10th August 1978
- Type of Organization : A Society registered under Societies Registration Act 1860
- Administrative Ministry : Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Government of India.
(A) Business Operation:
As a non-profit organization, Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) is engaged in promoting energy efficiency in various sectors of economy.
PCRA carries out various programmes and activities for conservation of energy in the sectors of Industry, Agriculture, Transport, Domestic and Commercial.
(B) Functions and duties
PCRA has been established to carry out objectives specified in the Memorandum and Articles of the Society. It carries out various programmes and activities for conservation of energy in the sectors of Industry, Agriculture, Transport, Domestic and Commercial
To become a center of excellence for conservation of hydrocarbons & environment protection for sustainable development on our inherent strength.
Efficient energy utilization and environment protection leading to Improvement in Quality of Life.
- To formulate strategies and promote measures for accelerating conservation of petroleum products leading to environment protection, energy security and sustainable development.
- To create awareness among masses about the importance, benefits and methods of conserving petroleum products & clean environment by enhancing information and capacity building.
- To promote research, development and deployment efforts aimed at petroleum conservation & environment protection, support & facilitate efforts for adoption and dissemination of fuel efficient technologies and substitution of petroleum products with alternate fuels and renewable.
- To establish synergistic institutional linkages at the national & international levels in the areas of petroleum conservation & environment protection.
- To provide training and technical advisory services, designed to achieve economy & efficiency in use of petroleum products for cleaner environment.
- To function as a “Think Tank” to the Govt. of India for proposing policies and strategies on petroleum conservation and environment protection aimed at reducing excessive dependence on oil.